Wired and Tired? It Might be Adrenal Fatigue
If you frequently crawl into bed at night feeling exhausted, but lay awake without falling to sleep, you may be experiencing a symptom of adrenal fatigue known as feeling “wired and tired.” You feel tired at the end of your day, but too wired to relax or sleep.
When we are stressed, our adrenal glands produce a stress hormone known as cortisol. With prolonged stress, the adrenal glands become overworked and can no longer respond appropriately to stress. Instead, the adrenal glands produce too much cortisol, which often creates this feeling of being both “wired and tired.” Your ability to respond to stress effectively is directly affected by how well your adrenal glands are functioning. This important organ system directly affects your level of muscular strength, blood sugar levels, energy levels and overall sense of well being.
Other symptoms and health problems that indicate adrenal support may be needed are:
- Low energy
- Mood disorders
- Sugar imbalances
- High anxiety
- Panic attacks
- Hormonal imbalances
- Increased menopausal discomfort (the body begins to rely on the adrenals for estrogen)
- Thyroid problems (everyone supporting their thyroid also needs to support their adrenal glands)
Support your adrenal glands by starting with these products from Long Natural Health:
- Premier AdrenaVen Two to eight capsules in the morning (beginning with higher doses and reducing over time as needed) Higher doses split morning and noon, though not later than 1 pm.
- Premier Adaptogen-R3 Adaptogens are substances that help the body better deal with stress. Premier Adaptogen contains highly effective adaptogens and other ingredients that make it a superior adaptogenic formula for adrenal, endocrine and anti-aging health. One to three capsules in the morning. One to three capsules at lunchtime.
- Premier Max B-ND Vitamin B is extremely important to all of body’s functions, and will help your body deal with stress. Premier Research Laboratory’s liquid vitamin B complex is derived from 100% food sources, and is highly absorbable and effective. Take a half to one teaspoon in water in morning. Sip slowly. (This can be repeated at lunch time.)
- Premier Vitamin C Whole Food Herbal Vitamin C from nature. No synthetic, manufactured ascorbic acid, nor any excipients or artificial anything added or used in PRL supplements. Natural vitamin C is essential for adrenal health and numerous functions of the human body. It is easily depleted with stress and from toxic environmental factors. It is essential to take a natural food form vitamin C daily for health and immunity. Two to three capsules in the morning. Two to three capsules in the evening (more as needed).
Read more about adrenal fatigue, additional supplements, diet and lifestyle recommendations to support your adrenal glands in our Health Articles Library: