Turmeric – A Medicinal Herb Great for Your Health
What is Turmeric?
Turmeric is a spice made from the Curcuma longa plant, native to Southeast Asia and surrounding areas. The bright yellow spice is made by grinding the roots of the plant. This ancient spice has been used for centuries in food and in rich fabric dyes, but is most commonly recognized today as the spice the delivers rich, golden hues in curry and similar sauces found in traditional Asian dishes.
Turmeric and Your Health
The active ingredient found in turmeric is known as curcumin. Curcumin is a potent antioxidant showing activity as much as 300 times greater than that of vitamin E. The properties of curcumin rejuvenate the body, prevent inflammation and provide extraordinary liver protection. Curcumin helps to stimulate the flow of bile through the body and aids in fat digestion.
Key Benefits of Curcumin
- Contains remarkable, immune-modulating properties
- Assists the detox mechanisms of the body, especially the liver
- Helps alleviate stiff and painful joints (anti-inflammatory)
- Helps improve and balances metabolism in the body
- Promotes healthy digestion and relieves gas
- Supports healthy cholesterol levels
- Protects against heavy metal toxicity
- Enhances wound healing
- Protects against cataracts
- Boosts regeneration of brain stem cells
- Suppress symptoms associated with type 2 diabetes
In addition to these benefits, a recent study published in Phytotherapy Research says that turmeric has been found to be effective at treating depression. Dr. Joseph Mercola touts turmeric as one of the most beneficial herbs on earth due in part to it’s anti-cancer properties.
Ready to Give It a Try?
Premier Turmeric is imported from Ayurvedic botanical growers in India. This grade 10 quality Indian turmeric is ground in the Premier Research Lab’s non-toxic grinder and then immediately encapsulated to retain its unparalleled, active volatile essential oils (open a capsule to smell its rich, full-bodied aroma). The 100% vegetable capsule contains no toxic excipients whatsoever.