9 Tips for Better Health
Here are 9 Tips for Better Health…
1) Shut the circuit breaker off to your bedrooms for a deeper more restful sleep. I have been doing this and it really makes a difference! Also, be certain your Wifi is off at night!
2) Before you go to sleep and before you get out of bed, practice deep whole body breathing while connecting your mind to deep gratitude and thankfulness for all the good in your life, and imagining your day and life going really, really well. Take long deep rhythmic breaths in your chest and belly. It is really important to destress your body and mind, and to oxygenate your blood.
3) Start your day off with a few glasses of purified water, add some lemon if you wish. Be sure to drink enough water throughout the day. Many people suffer with fatigue, headaches, aches and pains, back issues, etc, simply due to not drinking enough water.
4) Take 3-5 capsules of magnesium before bed. You will sleep better, have less stress and anxiety in your life, and have easier bowel movements. This is one of the most important supplements people should be taking. Find our magnesium supplements in our mineral category.
5) Take vitamin D. Yes, even in summer. Very few people are getting enough vitamin D. Even in summer months. People avoid the sun, wear sunblock, and are indoors a lot. Vitamin D is vital to good health. Take it all year long. More in the winter months, but take it in the summer too. Many people need between 5,000 and 15,000 IU. I am taking 3-5000 in summer, and 6-10,000 in the fall, and 10,000 to 15,000 in the dark winter months. Begin late summer and early fall to increase, don’t wait until the cold and flu season. I like the liquid vitamin D products that we carry: Premier Vitamin D and Pure Encapsulations Vitamin D
6) Vitamin C is one of the most important vitamins you can take. Get it from fresh berries. I also use Premier natural Vitamin C year round. 2-3 caps in the morning and 2-3 caps at night. This is one of the most important vitamins to take, especially when under stress. Take more in winter when not eating as many vitamin C rich fresh fruits and vegetables.
Avoid large fish like shark, tuna, swordfish as they often contain mercury and other toxins.
8) Choose grass-fed meats, they are much healthier than just organic. Avoid commercial meat as much as possible.
9) Choose “pasture-raised” organic eggs to be sure they spent time outside. Hens that live free outdoors produce much healthier eggs. Don’t be fooled by marketing that just says they are ‘cage-free’, that could mean for only a few minutes, or raised indoors outside a cage.